Centralized NOC Monitoring Solutions

Jacob Uecker jacob at juecker.net
Tue Mar 6 21:55:44 UTC 2012

Hey Eric,

Disclaimer: I work for LightSquare, LLC (http://lightsquare.us) and
it's what we do.

Look for high-touch, flexible people who work with you to meet your
business goals. You don't want to outsource your network or security
operations to a company who doesn't care about you or your business.
Make sure they're not going to try to fit you into a box.

I'd also look for a company who is going to adapt to your environment.
They should have a plan and standard procedures for building
institutional knowledge so they don't alert on the same thing over and
over again. They should be trying to make your network better and look
for ways to improve processes, technologies, etc.

They should be able to show you an operations guide that describes
exactly what they're going to do with different types of problems, who
they are going to notify, what they're going to do, and when. You
should have very clear expectations about what is going to happen and
by when.

You should get weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports that are
meaningful, informative and customized.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Jacob