which one a Technical Support or Help Desk

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 02:24:05 UTC 2012

A newsgroup I used to read a decade back used to call it "helldesk"

But seriously, live humans with whatever location or accent, answering
an actual phone, are the costliest sort of ticket an ISP has to
handle.

The focus needs to be on providing the customer enough self help
tools, wikis, user forums, email support, IVR .. before they even need
to phone your helpdesk and have a human open or work a ticket for
them.

It is that or watch your margins get shredded due to spiraling support costs.

--srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)