which one a Technical Support or Help Desk

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sat Mar 3 17:14:28 UTC 2012

On 3/3/2012 11:48 AM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
> Touche....!
>
> Being in South Florida, (heavy Latin & Spanish accents) and having
> customers in Alabama, Tennessee (Heavy Southern accents)  etc, we have
> had to "Tune" our ears as well as our Accents, including  carefully
> choosing our  words...

Yes, it goes both ways :)  It would be very interesting to get some
statistics/reports out of Apple's Siri project as to the "hardest cases".

My cousin recently got an iPhone with Siri.  She has a much worse drawl
than mine :)  She told it to "Call Jeff", and Siri says "I see no J F in
your contacts".  (Imagine a very heavily drawled "Jeff" more like
"Jaaay-Yufff", decidedly two syllables there...)

She's had mixed results with Siri :)  It may be beneficial speech
therapy for her, but hard to change decades of Southern :)

Jeff