which one a Technical Support or Help Desk

Dave Pooser dave.nanog at alfordmedia.com
Sat Mar 3 16:26:41 UTC 2012

On 3/3/12 9:57 AM, "Faisal Imtiaz" <faisal at snappydsl.net> wrote:

>>Especially if a human answers promptly without a horrible accent...
>>
>>Jeff
>Like a heavy Southern Drawl ?

Saah, Ah resemble that remahk!

:^)

I think no matter where you're located, having a tech support rep who
speaks your language with an accent not too dissimilar to your own can be
a huge help. I've had tech support calls go bad because of unintelligible
accents when I was calling centers in India and in Ireland, but also in
the US when I found the last of the Clampett clan answering phones for an
ISP. (I've lived in Texas almost 16 years-- if you're so redneck that *I*
can't understand you, you need a job where all your communication is in
writing. Or pictures.)
--
Dave Pooser
Manager of Information Services