which one a Technical Support or Help Desk

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappydsl.net
Sat Mar 3 14:01:29 UTC 2012

You can always call it HelpDesk/Technical Support

They both mean the same thing, but create a different feeling in the
minds of the customers.
Helpdesk is typically perceived to be gentler (more informal / more
flexible) providing support on a wider range of technical issues.
Technical Support is perceived to be more focused, a bit more formal,
and possibly providing support on narrow set of technical issues.

We operate in two geographies....
In Athens, Georgia (College Town about 50 mile NE of Atlanta) the
support department is knows as the Helpdesk.
(We acquired that operation, and previous owners had chosen that term,
so we stayed with it).
and in South Florida, we call it  Tech Support.

As you can see from my email signature, we often use those two terms
interchangeably.

Good Luck with your choice.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet&  Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, Fl 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232
Helpdesk: 305 663 5518 option 2 Email: Support at Snappydsl.net