Switch designed for mirroring tap ports

Slade, Ian IAN.SLADE at saic.com
Thu Mar 1 14:50:15 UTC 2012

Yes, the Cat 6500s are limited to a certain number of SPAN/port
monitoring sessions.

Another tool, we've switched to after using the Gigamon for many years
are taps and the Anue 5236 (10Gb) port aggregator.  From this we can
split the SPAN feeds into different IDS/monitoring servers or load-share
among several output servers.  It is a great tool and very easy GUI to
control the feeds and output ports.

Ian Slade
Sr. Network Engineer, SAIC ITS Systems Engineering
ian.slade at saic.com  703-676-5234  http://www.saic.com