FYI Netflix is down

Bryan Horstmann-Allen bdha at mirrorshades.net
Sat Jun 30 21:04:37 UTC 2012

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On 2012-06-30 16:55:53, Mike Devlin wrote:
|
| But in netflix case, if they architected their environment the way they
| said they did, why wouldnt they just fail over to us-west? especially at
| their scale, I wouldn't expect them to be dependent on any AWS function in
| any region.

Have a look at Asgard, the AWS management tool they just open sourced. It
implies they rely very heavily on many AWS features, some of which are very
much region specific.

As to their multi-region capability, I have no idea. I don't think I've ever
seen the mention it.
--
bdha
cyberpunk is dead. long live cyberpunk.