Question about Martians on Vyatta

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Thu Jun 28 16:12:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Jun 28, 2012, at 10:50 AM, Eric Germann <egermann at limanews.com> wrote:

> Well, I did when I checked them shortly after I saw the log messages.
>
> Wondering now if the routes for those bounced and in the "middle" of the bounce, they're considered martian.

Yes, that sounds reasonable.  Anything that is returned on an interface which doesn't match what it should be in the routing table would also be considered "martian" if routing table entries apply to specific interfaces.

Are you running BGP with a default route?  That might be causing it as Linux network stack prefers more specific entries, so if you're getting a bounce over a different interface...

William