Whois data compromised?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 00:43:31 UTC 2012

On 6/26/12, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
[snip]
> It's perfectly NORMAL.  Just the owners of SWINGINGCOMMUNITY.COM,
> BEYONDWHOIS.COM, SHQIPHOST.COM, NASHHOST.NET and UNIMUNDI.COM playing
> games.

It's  "expected" behavior of the WHOIS implementation,  the "games" involving
creating WHOIS lookup ambiguity are not very amusing.

Using   <Other existing Domain Name>.<Global TLD name>.<Your Domain>
as the name of a nameserver with the registry should be considered abuse.

I would like to see the registry refuse future registrations of
<Global TLD>.<Domain>
as a nameserver,  for   3-letter TLD names.

In addition,  no new global TLD names should be created.

--
-JH