IPv6 Multi-homing (was IPv6 /64 links)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jun 26 05:33:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Cameron Byrne wrote:

> SCTP is coming along, and it has a lot of promise.

Doesn't SCTP "suffer" from the same problem as SHIM6 was said to be
suffering from, ie that now all of a sudden end systems control where
packets go and there is going to be a bunch of people on this list
complaining that they no longer can do "traffic engineering"?

I don't mind. I wish more would use SCTP so it would get wider use. I also
wish <http://mosh.mit.edu/> would have used SCTP instead of trying to
invent that part again (the transport part of it at least).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se