IPv6 /64 links (was Re: ipv6 book recommendations?)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jun 23 01:24:12 UTC 2012

On Jun 22, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> Owen DeLong wrote:
>
>>> Even though it may be easy to make end systems and local
>>> LANs v6 capable, rest, the center part, of the Internet
>>> keep causing problems.
>
>> Those problems are getting solved more and more every day.
>>
>> The rate of IPv6 deployment is rapidly accelerating at this point.

> What do you mean something 99% complete is rapidly accelerating?
>
> Is it a theory for time traveling?

You redefined center.

My definition of center when I claimed 99% was the major backbones
and core routers. That is the CENTER of the internet.

Different definition of center (yours) where the center includes everything
except the edge-most hosts, different metrics for completion and challenges.

Owen