IPv6 /64 links (was Re: ipv6 book recommendations?)

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Fri Jun 22 23:29:11 UTC 2012

TJ wrote:

>>> The center part of the internet is the easiest part of
>>> modification for IPv6 and is probably somewhere near 99%
>>> complete at this point.

> Am I saying we are all done, and that IPv6 is fully deployed?  Of course
> not, lots of work to do in the enterprise and last-mile areas ... but
> progress has been noticeable and is accelerating.

Owen tried to deny my point that:

: Moreover, it is easy to have a transport protocol with
: 32bit or 48bit port numbers with the end to end fashion
: only by modifying end part of the Internet.

As "the enterprise and last-mile areas" do not need to
be modified to accommodate a new transport protocol, they
belong to the center part.

Even though it may be easy to make end systems and local
LANs v6 capable, rest, the center part, of the Internet
keep causing problems.

						Masataka Ohta