SIXSS not working?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Jun 20 15:34:01 UTC 2012

Good morning (at least on this side of the planet),

On 2012-06-20 02:14, Hank Nussbacher wrote:> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Jeroen
Massar wrote:

> Ill report it to them but:

NANOG is afaik still not the "contact the people who run things" email
address...

Nevertheless, if issues, do not hesitate to report to info at sixxs.net

> http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/
> Shows every country as V=0 (prefixes visible per country).

That would mean that every prefix was not updated in the last day,
sounds odd to me.

On 2012-06-20 04:00, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
>
> It would appear that whatever was broken is now fixed.

The only thing I can think of is that you have noticed some weird glitch
of the kind there.

As mentioned above the "Visible" is basically the amount of prefixes
visible in the last 24 hours. For that to become 0 it would have meant
that no prefix would have been seen for the last 24 hours.

According to http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/status/ which just telnets
into grh.sixxs.net and asks for quagga's status, seems that even peering
sessions are connected for longer than that, thus I am puzzled to what
could have caused that then.

Greets,
 Jeroen