Cisco Smartnet for 6509E Line Cards

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 05:28:40 UTC 2012

I'd say hardware replacement is only a small benefit of smartnet, or I
would have found it more economical to just stock spares a long time ago.

You also received technical support in addition to software updates.

In fact, IMHO, the greatest benefit is the access to Cisco development
resources for both defect resolution and software updates.  In fact, I see
little value in continued smartnet past last date of software development,
and that typically is my cancellation date well before end of life.
Besides, between that date and EOL, chances are stocking spares is dirt
cheap and you little other benefit...