TW in ohio

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Wed Jun 20 00:22:22 UTC 2012

Nope.

I signed up for the beta a long time ago, and have never heard anything about IPv6 on the residential network. My company is one of the first (if not *the* first) direct connect commercial customers that got IPv6 connectivity in Ohio. I only see a few other ASNs that are directly connected to Time Warner locally via IPv6.

I wonder if they are having some problems with their residential rollout. I signed up for their RoadRunner "Extreme" when it was first advertised more than a year ago. They happily installed the proper DOCSIS 3.0 modem, and I was up and running. When I called about my upload speed being too low, I found out after several weeks and talking to numerous people that they have not yet upgraded their head end from DOCSIS 1.1. They subsequently took down all of the billboards and banners that advertised the "Extreme" packages. I still pay the higher rate for mine, only because I get much faster download than their standard service.

I am guessing that they will roll out IPv6 only after the DOCSIS 3.0 upgrade is complete.

-Randy