ZOMG: IPv6 a plot to stymie FBI !!!11!ONE!

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Jun 15 19:23:40 UTC 2012

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:59:26 -0400, Jay Ashworth said:
> > http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57453738-83/fbi-dea-warn-ipv6-could-shield-criminals-from-police/

The article sure does have a lot of threatening and smack-down tones toward service providers (us):

"We're looking at a problem that's about to occur,""It occurs as service providers start to roll out V6."

Our fault, no one else's...
------------------------------------

"This is not a question of willful rejection,""ISPs are happy to do this. They're just lazy...It doesn't have a direct impact on them and their ability to get new address space because they don't need new address space."

Yep, we're definitely the lazy ones.  No one else.

"We're hoping through all of this you can come up with some self-regulatory method in which you can do it," "Because otherwise, there will be other things that people are going to consider."

That's definitely a threat.

"We're hoping that people in the community seize the opportunity to work and to have that self-regulation, because, if not, if all of the different governments then get involved, it could get uglier."

Yeah, that one, too.

Yep, that's the kind of attitude that fosters community cooperation.  Yep.  That's it...

scott