EBAY and AMAZON

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Thu Jun 14 20:20:17 UTC 2012

JC Dill wrote:
> I'm really surprised to see this "Windows is more popular, that's why
> it's exploited more often" misinformation being spewed on a technical
> list like NANOG.  I thought people here had more clue.

I don't think a individual opinion is representative for the whole
10000+ (?) member list. Besides there were very knowledgeable people
expressing the opposite view.

And this is a network operators list. I figure the subject of operating
system security is less prevalent on here than it would be on a systems
administrator list (is there one like nanog?), and compared to, say,
IPv6 :-)

For the record I too do disagree wholeheartedly with the "Windows is
more popular, that's why it's exploited more often" sentiment. It is
patently untrue which others already explained rather well.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 3.5