HE IPv6 tunnel inbound

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jun 14 16:43:43 UTC 2012

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 14, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:

> On 6/13/12 9:10 PM, Cameron Byrne wrote:
>> On Jun 13, 2012 8:29 PM, "Grant Ridder" <shortdudey123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a Hurricane Electric v6 tunnel setup on an AWS (amazon web
>> services)
>>> instance so that i can have ipv6 connectivity.  I can ping and traceroute
>>> out of the tunnel fine, but am unable to access the tunnel from outside.
>>> For example, i am unable to traceroute to the tunnel address outside the
>>> tunnel address, even with the AWS instance firewall completely open.  I
>>> would like to host a website accessible via IPv6, hence the tunnel setup.
>>> Is this possible? if so, what could i be doing wrong?  Or is there a
>>> better was to go about this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Grant
>>
>> Sigh.
>>
>> Or you could take your business to the dozen or so cloud / vps providers
>> that support ipv6. ... Softlayer and Arpnetworks come to mind. I have used
>> both with a high level of sucess
>>

> VR.org (Host Virtual) as well. I've asked about IPv6 BGP support and
> while I haven't tried it yet they say that can do that too.
>
> ~Seth

VR is fully dual stack support throughout their network and a good bunch of guys.

With LINODE, they're mixed since some of the colos they are in have IPv6 (like HE, for example) and some don't. So if you go with LINODE, make sure they know to put you in a location with IPv6. (note this may be out of date and they may have IPv6 everywhere by now, as I know they were working on it)

To the best of my knowledge, both provide excellent services at competitive prices. There's a soft spot in my heart for VR because I have done some work for them and I like the two guys that run it.

Owen