Heads-up: spammer Scott Whittle/iptechlabs.com/iptechnologylabs.com hitting addresses harvested from NANOG list

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Wed Jun 13 12:47:19 UTC 2012

Spammer Scott Whittle has harvested not only email addresses from the
NANOG list archives, but also Message-IDs, and is busily trying to
abuse the hell out of them.  I've seen 6 (edit: 11) (edit: 14) copies
so far this morning, and no doubt more are on the way.

He identifies himself thusly:

	IP Technology Labs
	Network Communications Simplified
	Scott Whittle | President | T: +1 301 570 6611 x601 | M/SMS: +1 301 339 3237 |
	E: scott at IpTechnologyLabs.com | W: http://iptechnologylabs.com

Although the spam itself carries a return address of

So blocking on the latter should suffice, at least for this round.

---rsk

p.s. Pro tip: proofread your spam content before sending:

	"I am looking contact your Product Manager/Sales Manager regarding
	possible distribution of our USA made and designed Plug-and-Play
	VPN products.

	We are the are a channel friendly company, can offer account
	protection, and ensure your margins."