LinkedIn password database compromised

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jun 7 17:43:09 UTC 2012

>>> so... now that this can is open, has anyone looked at:
>>>   <http://www.oneid.com/>
>>
>> yep.  yet another bucket of identity slime wanting to resell my
>> identity.
>
> maybe? they don't seem to want to be the 'identity provider' directly
> though, or rather they point out that your corporation could be your
> identity provider (or anyone else you might trust) they simply sell
> the enabling software/tech.

so they provide tools to indentity resellers.  the folk their software
enables are still *reselling* MY identity.

my point is that it is MY identity.  there are tools, such as 1password,
which enable me to control MY identity and yet have the effect of single
sign-on.

and i believe it is important that mom and pop retain control of their
identities.

randy