LinkedIn password database compromised

Bruch, Mark cdmbruch at nmhg.com
Thu Jun 7 16:29:27 UTC 2012

I rarely reply to threads. However the point of interest that is missed is "Not supported anymore because Microsoft says so". So Microsoft starts putting out systems at one per year and not supporting old ones because they "Have you over a barrel"?

Tell your daughter she can't get married? You haven't bought your new operating system this year, and "backward compatible" is a thing of the past?

Then it is $119.00 per year on top of that (maybe)?

Let's say Microsoft promised business to the PC building companies and decides that an operating system per year is only supported on new equipment? The cost to vote could be thousands per year. Only the rich can afford to vote?

The point is that you have to be careful about where you go with technology and who controls it. I am sure there are people who would love to see voting as a "can you afford it" right.