LinkedIn password database compromised

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Thu Jun 7 02:43:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Marshall Eubanks
<marshall.eubanks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Lynda <shrdlu at deaddrop.org> wrote:
>> In other words, if you have a LinkedIn account, expect that the password has
>> been stolen. Go change your password now. If you used that password
>> elsewhere, you know the routine. In addition, as has been pointed out
>> elsewhere, there's no sign LI has fixed the problem. Expect that the
>> password you change it to will also be compromised.

Why haven't we taken this out of the hands of website operators yet?
Why can't I use my ssh-agent to sign in to a website just like I do
for about hundred servers, workstations, and my PCs at home?

One local password used everywhere that can't be compromised through
website stupidity...

-A