Our first inbound email via IPv6 (was spam!)

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Jun 5 14:22:07 UTC 2012

Jason,

> In preparation for the World IPv6 Launch, inbound (SMTP) email to the
> comcast.net domain was IPv6-enabled today, June 5, 2012, at 9:34 UTC.
> Roughly one minute later, at 9:35:30 UTC we received our first
> inbound email over IPv6 from 2001:4ba0:fff4:1c::2. That first bit of mail
> was spam, and was caught by our Cloudmark messaging anti-abuse platform
> (the sender attempted a range of standard spam tactics in subsequent
> connections).

You specificly tell 'inbound' ... by that you mean the MX record was
added. But just to be sure. Comcast is also sending out over IPv6 now
right? And if so, what protocol is preferred by default? Outgoing mail
over IPv4 or over IPv6?

> Since the Internet is of course more than just the web, we encourage
> others to start making non-HTTP services available via IPv6 as well.

Watching logs here to see if things (at least mail for me now) will raise
the next few days...

Bye,
Raymond.