Our first inbound email via IPv6 (was spam!)

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Tue Jun 5 14:10:39 UTC 2012

In preparation for the World IPv6 Launch, inbound (SMTP) email to the
comcast.net domain was IPv6-enabled today, June 5, 2012, at 9:34 UTC.
Roughly one minute later, at 9:35:30 UTC we received our first
 inbound email over IPv6 from 2001:4ba0:fff4:1c::2. That first bit of mail
was spam, and was caught by our Cloudmark messaging anti-abuse platform
(the sender attempted a range of standard spam tactics in subsequent
connections).

In the past several hours we have of course seen other messages from a
range of hosts, many of which were legitimate email ­ so it wasn't just
spam! ;-)

Since the Internet is of course more than just the web, we encourage
others to start making non-HTTP services available via IPv6 as well.

Jason Livingood
Comcast