Comcast Paid Peer Pricing

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Jun 3 09:53:17 UTC 2012

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012, Nabil Sharma wrote:

> I am not allowed to sign NDA, can someone please send me sample pricing
> in private mail?

Since it's not entirely clear if you're asking about SFI or not...

Entering into something like an SFI agreement with a large national
network is typically something that 1. your company's legal counsel would
need to review, and 2. Someone pretty high up in your company would need
to approve and sign, because it can potentially obligate your company to
make significant ongoing infrastructure investments to remain in
compliance with your SFI agreement.  If your company has a network that's
large enough to warrant SFI, it would also stand to reason that they
already have business and legal processes in place for dealing with
things like this - something a little more 'official' than hassling
people on a public mailing list, from a Hotmail address ;)

If anyone on this list is doing SFI with Comcast, they are not going to
risk violating their NDA by providing what could be considered
confidential and proprietary information to a third party, let alone a
complete stranger.

If you're not asking about SFI, call/email the sales contact that was
listed on their dedicated internet access page, and get a quote.  I saw no
indication that you needed an NDA to get a quote for their paid peering
product.  All I saw was an order form that you would need to fill out and
email to the sales contact.  As others mave mentioned, Comcast might not
provide the best pricing right off the bat, but it at least would get you
a number that you can use for budgetary/planning purposes.

jms