DOCSIS 3.0 & PPPoE/L2TP compatibility

iptech iptech at northrock.bm
Tue Jul 31 22:13:41 UTC 2012

Hey Ricky,

Yes that is the exact setup, the cableco bring the customer to us via
L2TP, and now want to do PPTP only.

I will keep digging on the ARRIS, which I have been told is a C4 system.
Although their website doesnt show much tech specs.

They are pushing for the L3 option since their CMTS will now be a hop in
the path between the customer and us, instead of L2 transparent.

Suggestions?

Thanks,