Update from the NANOG Communications Committee regarding recent off-topic posts

Steven Noble snoble at sonn.com
Mon Jul 30 17:57:46 UTC 2012

The fix for this issue is trivial. Every new signup should require a sponsor or a deposit of funds into a new member fund. Once a member has made a relevant post regarding a NANOG related item their funds are returned.

If someone spams they forfeit the money and it is used to help defray the costs of attending NANOG for the 99%.

If the poster has been sponsored by a current member, said member is flogged in public at the next meeting.

...runs

Sent from my iPhone