Pittsburgh IX?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Jul 23 04:17:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012, ML wrote:

> I was looking for information on any IX in Pittsburgh. Found PitX [1] ..info
> is rather limited to say the least.  Is there any information out there about
> participants, size, etc?

I'm not 100% sure if PitX is still in operation.  I know the guys who ran
it, and can check what the status is, if you want.

> Are there any other IXes in or near Pittsburgh by chance? I see 3Rox out
> there but seems to be a R&E network mostly.

3ROX is primarily R&E, but there are a few commercial providers who peer
there - Comcast is the biggest one that comes to mind.  I have contacts
there as well, if you're interested in looking into it.

Beyond that, I don't think there are any IXes in the Pittsburgh area.

jms