Postini/google email admin assistance requested

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Jul 22 16:14:09 UTC 2012

In article <CAArzuot9dGV8N0PBY4P2=u=N_a2T36Y1kR6W4VeeYR+jYgS4LQ at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>Did your customer set up an MX for their domain pointing to postini
>and then forward it to you?

obsmtp.com is Postini's outbound servers for customer mail.

In my experience, they gush spam, and Postini management has been
impressively hostile to the suggestion that a spam filtering company
should, you know, filter spam.  On my smallish mail server, I direct
nearly all of their mail into the spamtrap, picking out only a handful
of envelope domains that I've observed sending legit mail.

R's,
John