using "reserved" IPv6 space

Oliver olipro at 8.c.9.b.0.7.4.0.1.0.0.2.ip6.arpa
Tue Jul 17 16:49:16 UTC 2012

On Monday 16 July 2012 21:11:18 you wrote:
> The disadvantage to this is the high probability of packet duplication. For
> someone worried about ICMP spam on the subnet, I'm surprised you're not
> worried about what happens when 2 or more routers copy the same packet
> and route both copies on to the end destination. (Lather, rinse, repeat said
> duplication for any upstream segments using such tactics as well).

No.

The all-routers anycast address is resolved and creates a single Layer 2
neighbor entry - it may change, but there's no packet duplication issue here
because routing of an individual packet will only ever go to a single host at
L2, There is a difference between Multicast and Anycast.

Regards,
Oliver