using "reserved" IPv6 space

Rajendra Chayapathi (rchayapa) rchayapa at cisco.com
Mon Jul 16 18:26:08 UTC 2012

On the HSRP/ND part , this all falls in the First Hop redundancy areana
and can be achieved via any of the following and each has its merits and
cons..

1) Using ND -- need to tune the "IPv6 nd reachable time" to achieve the
faster failover
2) Using any of the First hop redundancy protocol ( HSRP, VRRP , GLBP)
3) Default route selection.

So depending on the network convergence need  etc , any  or combination of
above can be looked at.

Thx
Rajendra