using "reserved" IPv6 space

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:34:15 UTC 2012

Note that I meant using Link Locals for directly connected devices *(neighbors;
e.g. - routing protocol neighborship formation)*.
If they are not on-link with each other, Link Locals are a non-starter ...
ULAs would be a possible solution for a completely disconnected network.

Note that many are proponents of using Globals even in those situations,
with judicious filtering stopping any inboud/outbound traffic.
The benefit being that "it's never going to be connected " doesn't really,
always mean "it's never going to be connected" :).

*YMMV, as always!*
/TJ