U.S. spy agencies ... email for cybersecurity

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:13:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM,  <valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

> Back in the dark ages at the beginning of this millennium (L1on worm,
> anybody?), the guys at SANS created this thing called DShield.
>
> https://isc.sans.edu/about.html#history

Sure.  But if what Gen.Alexander says comes off - this looks like a
US-CERT or other clearinghouse to handle sensitive data of all sorts
(critical infrastructure attacks, sensitive data leaks / breaches etc)

I can see where DShield - and various other players in similar, but
heavily silo'd spaces - might coordinate with a neutral centralized
clearinghouse.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)