job screening question

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Jul 7 01:24:40 UTC 2012

Die proxy arp die. (and that's not German).

I've had a job or consulting gig or two that has inadvertently had this as the hidden glue making things work.

(wha, you can't route that subnet out an Ethernet interface without a next hop? It's always worked....)

I fight with sysadmins to this day about the concept of a broadcast domain and subnet... If I hear another case of someone saying that switch is the "80" subnet when there are 3 co-existing /24s in that domain I may go crazy....

I've cleaned up a lot of poor host and network management and it's amazing how much a difference the hardware operates without the hacks.

Jared Mauch