job screening question

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Fri Jul 6 06:40:17 UTC 2012

Ok, so I read over Williams OP...

I have 25 years IT experience... I've applied for a few jobs in my
time...  I thought to myself "I'll have a crack with a few comments!!!"...

....then I read down the next 30 posts and decided that perhaps I didn't
really know enough about networking to really comment...  ...and perhaps
I needed a bit more grey hair and eat more RFCs for breakfast...

...then I read down the next 30 posts and realised that I really didn't
know enough about computing to comment....  ...and perhaps my problem
wasn't lack of grey hair, but just to much hair...

...Talk about a bunch of intimidating uber geeks! :)

I suspect that when I read down the next 30 posts I'll just back away
from the computer slowly knowing that I'm just not smart enough to use
this device.

But seriously guys, great thread with tons of really interesting stuff
and a bunch of history.

--
Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave