job screening question

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:47:16 UTC 2012

On Jul 5, 2012, at 5:32 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

>> 5.      What is the reason for the 100m distance limit within an ethernet collision domain?
>
> What's an ethernet collision domain? Seriously, when was the last time
> you dealt with a half duplex ethernet?

Last time I built a cluster; admin and some redundant ingress/egress methods do better with hubs than switches.  Also last time I had to build a cheap redundant firewall.

This is a corner case, but if you just know ether as a point to point it will eventually bite you.

Having some spanning tree clue is much more relevant now, though.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone