job screening question

Diogo Montagner diogo.montagner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:20:12 UTC 2012

This type o question where the candidate can elaborate the answer
should be asked by a techinal interviewer.

For screening questions (for 1st level filtering), IMO, the questions
has to be straight to the point, for example:

1) What is the LSA number for an external route in OSPF?

This can have two answer: 5 or 7. So, I will accept if the candidate
answer 5, 7 or 5 and 7. Later on (the next level of the interview), a
techinical interviewer will chech if the candidate understand the
differences of LSA 5 and 7.

The point is that the candidate cannot deviate from the question,
I.e., this question will not generate another question from the
candidate to the interviewer asking for more details about the
scenario in case.

For example, you may ask: which IGP is more reliable under an IP DoS attack?

The answer for this question can be very long or may require some sort
of interaction between the candidate and the interviewer, which means
it has to be asked by techinical people and not by non-techinical
interviewers.

Thanks

--
Sent from my mobile device