F-ckin Leap Seconds, how do they work?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Jul 5 17:07:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 09:33:05AM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:

> > I'm only at (aproxamately) 42.28755874876601 north. Once you go near 60 north the value changes significantly.
> >
> > There is a band of latitudes where it does make more sense.
>
> Why punish the rest of us to accommodate a few people who live between about 50º and 55º latitude?

(easier typing with a real keyboard)...

This is a local/states rights issue imho :)  AZ ignores DST and as a result
I never know what time it is there ;)

This is a local state-by-state and county-by-county issue as evidenced
by the behavior of counties in Indiana that are close to or within
the Chicago MSA.  This is more a social issue than anything else.

Many people prefer some daylight when they are not working.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net