Cisco Update

Edward Salonia ed at edgeoc.net
Thu Jul 5 16:49:18 UTC 2012

Let's remember, this is regarding Cisco's consumer grade routers (formerly linksys) which are primarily intended for connecting small networks (homes, offices) to the internet over some type of broadband connection.

Can they be used. On a network with no internet connectivity? Sure. But this, as I'm sure many will agree, is not the environment in which they were intended to be deployed. Nor do I believe are they marketed as such.

- Ed