Cisco Update

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Jul 5 16:08:11 UTC 2012

At 15:51 05/07/2012 +0000, Mario Eirea wrote:
>Has anyone seen this yet? Looks like Cisco was forcing people to join its
>Cloud service through an update for it's consumer level routers.
>
>http://www.neowin.net/news/cisco-locks-users-out-of-their-routers-requires-invasive-cloud-service
>
>-Mario Eirea

For those of us who have not kept up with every latest feature that Cisco
rolls out across all its platforms, can someone explain this new
service?  Is it like Windows update, where Cisco will auto-update your
router s/w and thereby brick it?  If I don't register my router with Cisco,
what do I lose?  I can't update it manually?

-Hank