XBOX 720: possible digital download mass service.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jan 28 01:18:43 CST 2012

On Friday, January 27, 2012 11:08:27 PM Matthew Huff wrote:

> >From what I've read, the XBOX 720 is still going to have
> >traditional distribution but also including online
> >purchasing (think Steam). The goal is to go with a key
> >system to play the game. I think the idea you will be
> >able to register the game via phone, or other means as
> >well. However, their idea is to rid the world of the
> >secondary market of used games.

Or a hybrid.

I bought a copy of F1 2011 for PS3 and fired it up. In order
to access certain areas of the game, I had to input a code
when signed up to the Sony PlayStation Network, which was
verified via the Internet.

If I had no connectivity, I'd never be able to access those
portions of the game.

Needless to say, a lot of games are now pushing massive
updates via the Internet; on the order of hundreds of MB.

Mark.