10GE TOR port buffers (was Re: 10G switch recommendaton)

bas kilobit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:08:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM, George Bonser <gbonser at seven.com> wrote:

>> My customers want to buffer 10 to 24 * 10GE in a 1 or 2 10GE uplinks to
>> do this they need some buffers....
>>
>> Bas
>
> It might be cheaper for them to go to 3 or 4 10G uplinks than to replace all their switch hardware.

Im my (our) busines model _is_ the internet connectivity...
We could give the customer double the port capacity, if they were
willing to pay, but in real life they do not care...

While all respondents replies hold truth a (technial business) logic.
None shed a light why there isn't  TOR box that does 10GE
deepbuffers...