volunteer.gov dns admin

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Jan 26 21:32:40 UTC 2012

In message <CAGdg5QDV1uXgDEnRpKbE8V6-ukbt1P_2RL6kG0CPEGA8jw7ecQ at mail.gmail.com>
, Basil Baby writes:
> We tried many ways to get a dns admin for volunteer.gov. If anyone
> available in this list, please contact me off the list.
> Sorry to spam on this list.
>
> Thanks,
> -Basil Baby

I'd say use "whois" but DOTGOV's whois server is a joke.  Can all the US
citizens on this list please complain to your representatives that DOTGOV
is not doing a good job with the whois service.   The point of whois is
to provide contact details.  The current whois service does not do that.

Mark

% DOTGOV WHOIS Server ready
   Domain Name: VOLUNTEER.GOV

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:05:19 UTC <<<
Please be advised that this whois server only contains information pertaining
to the .GOV domain. For information for other domains please use the whois
server at RS.INTERNIC.NET.
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org