juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Jan 25 19:32:01 UTC 2012

On 25/01/12 18:57, George Bonser wrote:
> I've noticed that though I think that is only on the hardware console port.  Most of the work I do is via the management port.  If I'm on the console serial port, then I am working manually and just deal with the ^H thing.  I don't think that issue by itself is enough to prevent me from buying a piece of gear.

The CES (at least) does it via SSH, too.

(I use the standard Gnome terminal, so we're talking the same
application for serial and SSH/telnet use.)

Annoyingly the Dell 5400 series switches do it on their console ports,
too. Thankfully they don't once you're in via SSH. But no-one cares
about those!

Tom