Megaupload.com seized

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:07:07 CST 2012

I would agree.  They've dotted every i and crossed every t here.

This will inevitably be followed by a prosecution of some sort and/or
there's also scope for Megaupload to sue the USG for restitution.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out - especially wrt any
safe harbor provisions in the DMCA for providers (which do have a
provision for due diligence being exercised etc).

Probable cause for seizure should have been easy to establish - no
shortage of warez, cp etc on these free upload sites.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)