RIS raw data

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jan 19 06:52:52 CST 2012

> In some cases I saw the export policy ANNOUNCE ANY, is this consistent
> with a particular AS behaving like the RIPE AS was its customer?

well, if i was to take that literally, that would include internal
prefixes, e.g. some of p2p inter-router links, loopbacks, ...

of course, taking anything from the IRR literally is naïve at best.

some years back, i asked for a *simple minimal* tagging of announcements
to route views, just peer, customer, internal.  it got ietfed to utter
uselessness, with more crap welded on to it than envisioned in mad max.

randy