Cisco ME3400

Andy Susag asusag at ifncom.net
Wed Feb 29 20:13:04 UTC 2012

You'll need to use a metroipaccess image on the me3400 if you want more
than 2 NNI interfaces. We don't do any triple play or ETTH services so I
can't speak on that but as a layer 2 customer prem device for Carrier
Ethernet services it works well and it's hard to beat the price. Would
have been great if it was MPLS capable at its current price point
though! It's functional as a Layer 3 switch but I don't think it is very
robust as a router. If you are not married to Cisco, the Brocade CES is
worth looking in to. MPLS capable across all Ethernet ports. More
expensive though.

Andy S