dns and software, was Re: Reliable Cloud host ?

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning at lanning.cc
Wed Feb 29 18:38:51 UTC 2012

On 02/29/12 10:01, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Further, DNS performance issues in the past have led developers of
> such applications to "take matters into their own hands" to try and
> improve the performance/behavior of their application in spite of
> DNS. This is one of the things that led to many of the TTL ignorant
> application-level DNS caches which you are complaining about.

I have found some carriers to run hacked nameservers.  Several years
ago I was moving a website and found that Cox was overriding the TTL
for all "www" names.  At least for their residential customers in
Oklahoma. The TTL value our test subject was getting was larger than
it had ever been set.

--
Mr. Flibble
King of the Potato People