Programmers with network engineering skills

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:15:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Jason Bertoch <jason at i6ix.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/2012 7:53 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>>
>>> I think you're more likely to find a network engineer with (possibly
>>> limited)
>>
>> I wish. For the past three months I've been trying to find a network
>> engineer with a deep TCP/IP protocol understanding, network security
>> expertise, some Linux experience, minor programming skill with sockets
>> and a TS/SCI clearance.
>

> Is clearance the problem, or the ability to obtain clearance due to
> something in their background?  If your work requires it, you should have
> some recourse for applicants to obtain the required clearance, no?

My understanding is that while primary and subcontractor companies can
put people in the sponsoring organization's clearance granting queue,
it takes so long to get someone through the queue that for high-level
positions they essentially make having the clearance already a
prerequisite.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com