do not filter your customers

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Fri Feb 24 12:46:40 UTC 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:42 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> the problem is that you have yet to rigorously define it and how to
> unambiguously and rigorously detect it.  lack of that will prevent
> anyone from helping you prevent it.

You referred to this incident as a "leak" in your message:

"a customer leaked a full table"

I was simply agreeing with you -- i.e., looked like a "leak", smelled
like a "leak" - let's call it a leak.

I'm optimistic that all the good folks focusing on this in their day
jobs, and expressly funded and resourced to do so, will eventually
recognize what I'm calling "leaks" is part of the routing security
problem.

-danny